Types of Vehicles in English. What are the different types of vehicles? In this lesson, we show you a list of many different vehicle types in English with some examples and ESL infographic.
Types of Vehicles
Useful List of Vehicle Types
Below are some common types of vehicles for ESL Learners.
- Aerial Tramway
- Hot-air Balloon
- Cement Mixer
- Dump Truck
- Fire Engine
- Mountain Bike
- Police Car
- Taxi/ Cab
- School Bus
Types of Vehicles Examples
- The aerial tramway fell into disuse in the 1920s.
- The government has just bought a new airplane.
- We send the ambulance to pick him up.
- She crossed the Atlantic by hot-air balloon.
- She accused him of stealing her bicycle.
- The only access to the village is by boat.
- The bus was jammed with people.
- We’ll be sitting in the second carriage.
- The earth-moving trucks and cement mixers lay idle.
- The crane lifted the container off the ship.
- One big dump truck scrolling down the road.
- A fire engine zoomed past us.
- It is forbidden to turn the forklift at high speed.
- There was a helicopter hovering overhead.
- He’s learning to ride a motorcycle.
- Lizzie bought herself a mountain bike.
- I noticed a police car shadowing us.
- I would troll for fish from the rowboat.
- Would you like to ride my new scooter?
- Matt scooted over the bridge on his skateboard.
- He goes to work on the subway.
- Do you know where I can get a taxi?
- You must oil the tractor every day.
- This train conveys passengers to London.
- I kept a comfortable distance behind the van.
- I just bought a new convertible.
- The ship is expected to make harbor tonight.
- He was charged with stealing a jeep.
- The pupils lined up to board the school bus.
Vehicle Types | Infographic
Different Types of Vehicles
Vehicle Types in English