Types of Vehicles in English. What are the different types of vehicles? In this lesson, we show you a list of many different vehicle types in English with some examples and ESL infographic.
Types of Vehicles
Useful List of Vehicle Types
Below are some common types of vehicles for ESL Learners.
- Aerial Tramway
- Cement Mixer
- Dump Truck
- Fire Engine
- Mountain Bike
- Police Car
- Taxi/ Cab
- School Bus
- Float Plane
- Jet Fighter
- Double-decker Bus
- Formula Car
- Pickup Truck
- Tram (UK)/ Streetcar (US)
- Sports Car
- Auto Rickshaw
- Mail Truck
- Truck (US)/ Lorry (UK)
- Motor Scooter
Types of Vehicles Examples
- The aerial tramway fell into disuse in the 1920s.
- We send the ambulance to pick him up.
- She accused him of stealing her bicycle.
- The only access to the village is by boat.
- The bus was jammed with people.
- The earth-moving trucks and cement mixers lay idle.
- One big dump truck scrolling down the road.
- A fire engine zoomed past us.
- There was a helicopter hovering overhead.
- He’s learning to ride a motorcycle.
- Lizzie bought herself a mountain bike.
- I noticed a police car shadowing us.
- I would troll for fish from the rowboat.
- He goes to work on the subway.
- Do you know where I can get a taxi?
- You must oil the tractor every day.
- This train conveys passengers to London.
- I kept a comfortable distance behind the van.
- I just bought a new convertible.
- The ship is expected to make harbor tonight.
- The captain brought the submarine to the surface.
- He was charged with stealing a jeep.
- The pupils lined up to board the school bus.
- The government has just bought a new airplane.
- The part of a balloon or airship that carries people and cargo.
- Breath-taking flight simulation puts you at the joystick from biplane to helicopter.
- At one-fifteen the float plane splashed down, settled on to its pontoons, and turned in toward the docks.
- The glider should not be steepened up or leveled out immediately after leaving the ground.
- The jet zoomed low over our heads.
- Just as a jet fighter needs an ejector seat lever, complex desktop applications need configuration facilities.
- The caravan is equipped with a sink and a flush toilet.
- It is forbidden to turn the forklift at high speed.
- The double-decker bus stopped to pick up some more passengers.
- He was a pampered rich kid who was driven to school in a limousine.
- Some of the children living on the farms go to school in a minibus.
- After a few days of traveling on the bus without the family car, they rented a pickup truck.
- She gave the SUV to me to drive until I could once again return to work.
Tram / Streetcar
- I take the same two-hour bus and tram ride for the same old peck on the cheek.
- Don’t park your car on double yellow lines.
- The canoe floated upside down on the lake.
- You look like a real poseur in your fancy sports car with your expensive clothes!
- We booked a moped for the penultimate day of the holiday.
Types of Vehicle | Infographic
Different Types of Vehicles in English