Different Types of Shoes in English! Don’t know about what are the different types of shoes? This lesson will show you many different types of shoes with ESL infographic.
Different Types of Shoes
List of Shoe Names
A shoe is an item of footwear intended to protect and comfort the human foot, while the wearer is doing various activities. Shoes are also used as an item of decoration and fashion.
Below is a list of shoe names you should know.
- Flip Flops
- Army Boots
- Ankle Boots
- Ballet Shoes
- Court Shoes
- Climbing Shoes
- Dress Shoes
- Figure Skates
- Hiking Boots
- Wellington Boots
- Ballerina Flats
- Peep-toe Shoes
- Mary Janes
- Cowboy Boots
- Cone Heels
- Kitten Heels
- High Heels
- Golf Shoes
- Roller Skates
Types of Shoes Examples
- She was wearing a short skirt and stilettos.
- You can rent roller skates at the skating arena.
- I don’t feel comfortable in high heels.
- He was wearing a very attractive pair of black tassel loafers.
- Take your boots off outside if they’re muddy.
- He put on his slippers and padded out to the kitchen.
- He was wearing a faded blue shirt, an old pair of linen trousers and espadrilles.
- Don’t leave your smelly sneakers lying around the living room.
- We had to wear boots rather than rock climbing shoes.
- He has also ditched his briefcase for a backpack to carry his dress shoes.
- My hiking boots are too heavy.
- He always wears sandals in the summer.
- I was out with my children when we passed a shoe shop with some wellington boots outside.
- He took off his wellingtons and put on his cowboy boots.
Shoe Types in English | Infographic
Different Types of Shoes in English