Different types of shoes in English! Don’t know about what are the different types of shoes? This lesson will show you many different types of shoes with ESL infographic.
Different Types of Shoes
List of Shoe Names
A shoe is an item of footwear intended to protect and comfort the human foot, while the wearer is doing various activities. Shoes are also used as an item of decoration and fashion.
Below is a list of shoe names you should know.
- Flip Flops
- Army Boots
- Ankle Boots
- Sneakers (U.S)/ Trainers (U.K)
- Ballet Shoes
- Court Shoes (UK)/ Pumps (US)
- Climbing Shoes
- Dress Shoes
- Figure Skates
- Hiking Boots
- Wellington Boots
- Ballet Flats
- Peep-toe Shoes
- Mary Janes
- Cowboy Boots
- Cone Heels
- Kitten Heels
- High Heels
- Golf Shoes
- Roller Skates
- Almond-toe Pumps
- Chuck Taylor
- Knee High Boots
- Laced Booties
- Mary Jane Platforms
- Platform Pumps
- Scarpin Heels
- Steel-toe Boots
- T-strap Heels
- Peep Toe Heels
- Thong Sandals
- Oxford Shoes
- Chunky Heels
- Chelsea Boots
- Ankle Straps
- Business Shoes
- Work Boots
- Boat Shoes
- Derby Shoes
- Monk Straps
- Chukka Boots
Types of Shoes with Examples
- She was wearing a short skirt and stilettos.
- To prevent injury, people don’t have to toss out flip-flops or high heels entirely.
- He wore erratically laced army boots, and olive-green fatigues, and a heavy-knit dun brown sweater.
- He was wearing a very attractive pair of black tassel loafers.
- Snakeskin zip-up ankle boots with open toe and heel, $ 134. 95.
- He was wearing a faded blue shirt, an old pair of linen trousers, and espadrilles.
Sneakers (U.S)/ Trainers (U.K)
- Don’t leave your smelly sneakers lying around the living room.
- On her feet, she wore flat-heeled brown brogues with leather flaps.
- Canvas ballet shoes can be cleaned using a calamine lotion that is dabbed onto the surface until stains are removed.
- We had to wear boots rather than rock climbing shoes.
- He has also ditched his briefcase for a backpack to carry his dress shoes.
- My hiking boots are too heavy.
- He always wears sandals in the summer.
- He put on his slippers and padded out to the kitchen.
- I was out with my children when we passed a shoe shop with some wellington boots outside.
- Her black hat with the little veil had gone from the shelf and her best peep-toe shoes.
- She wore loose black pajamas, moccasins, and a black brassiere.
- He was dressed in checked golfing trousers, cowboy boots, and a cowboy hat.
- She wore tight trousers and high-heeled mules.
- I don’t own a single pair of kitten heels. I’m definitely a stiletto fan.
- Take your boots off outside if they’re muddy.
- I don’t feel comfortable in high heels.
- Was getting down the same as getting up and could you do it in platforms and slingbacks?
- A collection of top global golf brands from golf attire, golf bag, golf club, golf shoes, accessories, children golf equipment to golf teaching material, and CD.
- You can rent roller skates at the skating arena.
- Some have chunky heels and laces, while others are flat-heeled slip-on.
- Plain dark blue or black socks and black slip-on shoes for use on the match area.
- The shoes were made of shiny black leather with ankle straps and tiny heels.
- She wore a blue turtleneck jersey, blue jeans, and brown work boots.
Types of Shoes | Infographic
Different Types of Shoes in English