There are many different types of houses around the world. Below are 38 house types from all over the world with infographic and example sentences.
Types of Houses
House is a building that people, usually one family (learn family word), live in. This is a list of types of houses you should know.
- Studio Flat (UK)/ Studio Apartment (US)
- Habitat House
- Converted Flat
- Detached House
- Semi-detached House
- Kutcha House
- Log Cabin
- Terraced House
Learn more about House Synonym.
House Types Examples
Here are some examples of different types of houses in English.
- She knew a couple of friends elsewhere who lived together under the pretense of sharing an apartment or duplex.
- The Emperor lived in the Palace.
- They had put a padlock on the door of his flat.
- He was to keep watch in the lighthouse.
- The caravan is equipped with a sink and a flush toilet.
Studio Flat/ Studio Apartment
- Each studio flat is equipped with a bathroom kitchenette and balcony.
- This is an Indian teepee.
- Thieves broke into the manor at night.
- He lives in a farmhouse with a difference.
- They lived in a one-room trailer with no running water.
- He lives in a shack with his wife and four children.
- She lived in a college dormitory.
- His apartment is in a really good location.
- He lived with his family in a new ￡300,000 four-bedroom detached house in nearby Thurnscoe.
- The house was lit like a Christmas tree and shaped like a gigantic igloo.
- I was not surprised, although I was rather gratified, to find the semi-detached house one of incredible modesty.
- It overlooked an alley, and the bay windows were sun-blocked by the townhouse at 93.
- He lived alone in a log cabin beside the lake, his only company a portable radio and television.
- Many famous people have stayed in the hotel.
- They rent out their condominium to skiers during the winter.
- Rain met Georgie on a houseboat at Chelsea.
- She opened the gate of Number 10, the terraced house of Miss Vine, whose budgerigar was unwell.
- A skyscraper is rising near our school.
- We spent a night at a motel on the way.
- There is a cottage on the hilltop.
- I spent hours in our treehouse when I was a kid.
- I drove out of the gates, past the keeper’s lodge.
- A bungalow does not have an upstairs.
- The old mansion was built in 1850.
- The old castle is said to be haunted.
- The hut is in the midst of the forest.
- We rented a villa in Spain last summer.
- They had a midnight feast in their tent.
Types of Houses | Infographic
Different Types of Houses around the World