There are many different types of houses around the world. Below are 38 house types from all over the World with infographic and example sentences.
Different Types of Houses
House is a building that people, usually one family (learn family word), live in. This is a list of house types you should know.
- Studio Flat (UK)/ Studio Apartment (US)
- Habitat House
- Converted Flat
- Detached House
- Semi-detached House
- Kutcha House
- Log Cabin
- Terraced House
Learn more about House Synonym.
House Types Examples
Here are some examples of different types of houses in English.
- The Emperor lived in the Palace.
- They had put a padlock on the door of his flat.
- He was to keep watch in the lighthouse.
- He lives in a farmhouse with a difference.
- She lived in a college dormitory.
- His apartment is in a really good location.
- Many famous people have stayed in the hotel.
- A skyscraper is rising near our school.
- There is a cottage on the hilltop.
- We rented a villa in Spain last summer.
- The old mansion was built in 1850.
- They had a midnight feast in their tent.
- This is an Indian teepee.
- I spent hours in our treehouse when I was a kid.
- Thieves broke into the manor at night.
- Rain met Georgie on a houseboat at Chelsea.
- I drove out of the gates, past the keeper’s lodge.
- A bungalow does not have an upstairs.
- The hut is in the midst of the forest.
Types of Houses in English | Infographic
Different Types of Houses around the World
House Types over the World