Temperature Vocabulary!!! In this article, we’ll learn some temperature vocabulary and expressions in English. Below are useful temperature vocabulary and expressions you should know.
Temperature Vocabulary Words
Here is a list showing temperature vocabulary.
- Cold: low temperature
- Hot: high temperature
- Warm: slightly hot, especially in a pleasant way
- Cool: slightly cold in a pleasant way
- Chill: cold
- Freezing: extremely cold
- Mild/ Moderate/ Temperate: neither very hot nor very cold
- Boiling/ Scorching: very hot, often used in negative/ positive contexts
- Humid: hot and damp. It makes you sweat a lot
- Muggy: warm and damp in an unpleasant way
- Stifling: hot and you can hardly breath
- Sweltering: hot and uncomfortable
- It’s 35 below zero.
- It is very hot outside. It is about forty-two degrees.
- It is over 25oC.
- The thermometer showed a temperature of –38°C last night!
- It is very cold today. It is about one degree above zero.
- It is 5 below.
- It’s 30 degrees Celsius.
- It’s maximum 45°F in the morning.
- The temperature inside is plus 10 degrees.
- The temperature outside is minus twenty degrees.
- It’s 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It’s two degrees above zero.
- The temperature reached 36°C.
- Water boils at 212°F. (at 212 degrees Fahrenheit) or Water boils at 100 °C (at 100 degrees Celsius (centigrade)).
How to Express Temperature in English | Infographic
How to Express Temperature in English