Synonyms for lucky are words that have similar or identical meanings to the word “lucky.” Some synonyms for lucky include fortunate, blessed, serendipitous, providential, successful, charmed, grateful, and opportune. These words all describe someone or something that has had the good fortune or has experienced a positive outcome as a result of chance. In this lesson, we’ve shown a list of useful and interesting synonyms words that you can use instead of “lucky”.
The word “lucky” can be defined as having or bringing good fortune or success, especially unexpectedly. It can also refer to someone or something that has been fortunate or that has experienced a positive outcome as a result of chance. For example, you might say that someone is lucky to have won the lottery, or that they are lucky to have been born into a wealthy family. You might also describe something as lucky if it happens to be in the right place at the right time, or if it escapes harm or danger through chance.
Common Synonyms for Lucky
There are many words that can be used as synonyms for “lucky,” each with its own specific connotations and shades of meaning. Some common synonyms for “lucky” include:
- Fortunate: having good fortune or success, especially unexpectedly. This word suggests that the person or thing in question has benefited from luck or chance in some way.
- Blessed: considered to be favored by God or fortunate. This word often carries religious connotations and suggests that the person or thing in question has been the recipient of divine favor.
- Serendipitous: occurring by happy chance or unexpectedly. This word often describes events or circumstances that turn out well, even though they were not planned or expected.
- Providential: occurring by divine intervention or guidance. This word suggests that the person or thing in question has been the recipient of divine intervention or protection.
- Successful: achieving the desired end or outcome. This word describes someone or something that has achieved its goals or objectives.
- Charmed: having good luck or success that seems to come effortlessly. This word suggests that the person or thing in question has a natural tendency to experience good luck or success.
- Grateful: feeling or showing gratitude. This word describes someone who is thankful for the good fortune or success they have experienced.
- Opportune: occurring at a time that is suitable or advantageous. This word describes a situation that is favorable or advantageous, often as a result of chance or good luck.
Other Words for Lucky
List of Lucky Synonyms
Here are over 45 fantastic synonyms for “lucky” you can use instead.
- One streak
- In luck
- Holding aces
Synonyms for Lucky Examples
Increasing demand allowed landowners to raise rents and grant leases on less advantageous terms.
The strike was broken, of course, but mainly by a series of adventitious developments.
It is appropriate that everyone is suitably attired.
I’m pleased that you’ve made such an auspicious start to the new term.
I hope your holiday will be beneficial to you.
The benign old woman wore a big flowered garden hat and tended a magical flower garden.
She is blessed with both beauty and brains.
He looked clever and ill – a combination by no means felicitous.
The timing of the meeting is certainly fortuitous.
He wasted a golden opportunity when he missed from the penalty spot.
I am owed and savor the halcyon times.
Whenever he returns to this place he is happy and contented.
I feel hopeful that we’ll find a suitable house very soon.
The commercial future of the company looks very promising.
They should wait for the most propitious moment between now and the next election.
The difference between successful persons and others is that they really act.
Well, I’ve found our position on the map if you want to see where we are.
I am a sonsy and self-confident. I can act my character in a new circumstance quickly.
I’ve been fortunate to find a career that I love.
The change in the exchange rate provided a timely boost to the company’s falling profits.
Farmers are more prosperous in the south of the country.
She does not believe her response will result in a favorable outcome, whether or not it might.
We hoped to be favored with your early answer.
There was a serendipitous second advantage working with a library of equations.
It seemed as if he had a charmed life; nothing bad ever happened to him.
Just give me a chance and I’ll prove it to you.
I am delighted to make your acquaintance, Mrs. Baker.
You’re in luck – there’s one ticket left.
We’re very joyful people; we’re very musical people and we love music.
I felt very fluky that I graduate one year earlier advanced for some reason than my classmates.
Lunch by a side stream was a blissful indulgence.
I wish you a joyous new year, happiness, and good luck in the future.
The law reforms were opportune and important.
She is, by nature, a sunny, positive sort of person.
The raft would be more buoyant if it was less heavy.
He was born in the palmy days of peace.
She’s self-confident, talking relaxable and makes others relaxable and blithesome, let you know life is so lively.
Our meeting wasn’t planned – it was completely accidental.
She was able to cogitate quite clearly while exchanging honeyed impertinences with Mrs. Branderton.
Another Word for Lucky | Infographic
Lucky Synonyms – List of Synonyms for Lucky
Last Updated on January 9, 2023