What is another word for “friend”? In this lesson, you will find all the synonyms words for “friend”. Below is a list of some useful synonyms you can use instead of “friend”.
Another Word for Friend
List of Synonyms for Friend
- Best friend (bf)
- Soul mate
- Alter ego
Friend Synonyms Examples
- I am delighted to make your acquaintance, Mrs. Baker.
- He’s an old mate of mine.
- You’re my best pal.
- He was my playmate in childhood.
Best friend (bf)
- My best friend has been like a sister to me.
- Your time will be come, amigo.
- She had found an ally in her old teacher.
- She was only the associate producer of the movie.
- A stupid fellow is difficult to teach.
- I have got to meet my partner every Friday.
- Do you have a soul mate?
- My dear compatriot, it is time that we did something for our country.
- Every comrade will be put to the test.
- Her former consort, I understand, was a seafaring man.
- She and her crony Williams must be our longest-serving Cathedral retainers.
- I discussed with my intimate friends whether I would immediately have a baby.
- Hi! What’s up, buddy?
- He is my classmate in junior middle school.
- She was recommended for the post by a colleague.
- My companion waited for me at the end of the street.
- There’s your old chum, Francis Getliffe, and his friends.
- Each cohort of students will be admitted to only one institution and will normally remain registered with that institution until graduation.
- When his schoolmate made the last goal, the boy gave out with an untrammeled yell.
- Tom and his sidekick Larry sauntered into the bar, plainly looking for a fight.
- Jean was my roommate during our first year at university.
- Middleton told a well-wisher in Canada this summer that she hopes to start a family.
- During the past couple of years, Jerry had practically become his younger alter ego.
- My cousin and I joined the same Guide company.
Other Words for Friend | Infographic