In this article, you will learn many other words for “anger” in English. Below is a comprehensive list of synonyms for feeling very or extremely angry.
Synonyms for Anger
List of Other Word for Anger
What is another word for anger? This is a list of anger synonyms to use to describe your anger in English.
- Blow up
Examples of Anger Synonyms
- There has been acrimony between the two men ever since.
- She felt a certain amount of animosity towards him.
- His behavior caused great annoyance to his colleagues.
- There is still much antagonism between trade unions and the oil companies.
- The incident has heightened public displeasure with the authorities.
- There is a traditional enmity between these two groups.
- She watched Flora with exasperation and pity.
- He could hardly contain his fury.
- He looked at me with hatred.
- She did not raise the ire of teachers.
- His eyes were burning with passion.
- He flies into a rage if you even mention the subject.
- The police response sparked outrage in the community.
- To his indignation, Charles found that his name was not on the list.
- He shook his head in a gesture of impatience.
- He felt a slight irritation at being kept waiting.
- She was filled with deep resentment at being passed over for promotion.
- She broke the plates in a fit of temper.
- Violence between the two sides has been steadily escalating.
- Much to his chagrin, he came last in the race.
- My mother threw a conniption fit when I didn’t come home till two in the morning.
- I called Max a skunk. That raised his dander and he gave me this black eye.
- You must know that though I should be exceedingly grieved at their disapprobation, I could not hesitate.
- His words implied displeasure.
- They had the gall to call me fat!
- She’s in a real huff because I forgot her birthday.
- I felt a bit miffed that no one had told me about the trip.
- William is in a stew about/over the demand he received from the tax office.
- He was mad with me for losing his watch.
Another Word for Anger | Infographic
Synonyms for Anger in English