Another word for “strong”!!! This page provides a useful list of strong synonyms in English. You’ll also find example sentences to help show context for each word. This list will help you to improve your language level and become a more confident speaker of English.
Other Words for Strong List
Below is the list of synonyms for strong in the English language in alphabetical order.
- Hard as nails
- In fine feather
Strong Synonyms Examples
- We were not able to meet the deadline because of manufacturing delays.
- Disabled students face different problems from their able-bodied friends.
- His daughter was very active and noisy in the mornings.
- He had the lithe, athletic body of a ballet dancer.
- I had a big argument with my mother this morning.
- The farmer was a big, burly man with a red face.
- I’m perfectly capable of doing it myself, thank you.
- We need to provide a convincing argument as to why the system should be changed.
- We hope to have created a durable peace between the two countries.
- Some people believe that violence is an effective way of protesting.
- A strong enduring influence – a part of my voice that’s his.
- I don’t feel energetic enough to rush about, so I’ll sit down.
- Parents need to provide their children with firm guidance.
- Make sure all the wires remain firmly attached.
- An absolute constant is fixed and can not be changed.
- The President hasn’t been forceful enough in changing the judicial system.
- The police had to make a forcible entry into the house.
- He was turning sixty, his hair and beard all white. But he looked hale and hearty.
- Don’t try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.
Hard as nails
- Anne was never happy. She as hard as nails to make a smile.
- The silver-leaved varieties of cyclamen are not quite as hardy.
- His voice was harsh as he enunciated each word carefully.
- He smiled and gave me a hearty slap on the back.
- A heavy lunch makes me sluggish in the afternoon.
- She gained a highly favorable impression of the company.
In fine feather
- Often laugh in fine feather for relaxing your body and mind.
- There is now intense competition between schools to attract students.
- We are well on our way to lasting peace.
- I think you’re a bit too high and mighty yourself.
- He is a muscular young man.
- I can be very persuasive when I want to be.
- I’m strong! I’m powerful! I’m healthy.
- He argued powerfully and persuasively against capital punishment.
- The supply of raw material has been greatly reinforced.
- We are looking for someone who is reliable and hard-working.
- She was a fairly rigid person who had strong religious views.
- He was not physically robust and his main recreation was playing bridge and parlor games.
- We were hobbled through the rugged depression.
- Pupils in our schools are taught in a safe, secure environment.
- Parking near the school causes severe traffic congestion.
- Her appointment was a significant, though/albeit temporary success.
- He was tall and sinewy, and his fingers gripped her arms with steely strength.
- The thought is in the solid dream and the quiet memory.
- He was not married, but he was in a stable relationship.
- They are her stalwart supporters in a dosed, oppressive world.
- It was a stark room with its white walls and a bed and chair as the only furniture.
- He is a staunch supporter of amateurism.
- He remained steadfast in his belief that he had done the right thing.
- The lake is like an open book, a day like the steady gaze of a reader.
- I was glad of my stout walking boots as I squelched through bossy bits.
- You are two healthy, strapping men.
- My parents were very strict with me when I was young.
- We need to introduce more stringent security measures such as identity cards.
- We need several sturdy men to push this car.
- Those workers have built many substantial buildings in recent years.
- He was the most tenacious politician in South Korea.
- He is a man with a reputation for being tough and unafraid of unpopular decisions.
- She was a fiery, brilliant, and unyielding intellectual and politician.
- You will probably be asked about whether you partake in very vigorous sports.
- Sir Henry was a small, healthy, well-built man.
- Their complaints are well-founded.
- Choose well-made items that are free from obvious designer labels for the most professional look.
Another Word for Strong | Infographic