School Supplies!!! What kinds of school supplies do you usually need to buy before the start of a new academic year? In this article, we’ll learn some English vocabulary words related to school supplies.
School Supplies List
The following list provides some of the most common English words used to talk about school supplies.
- Eraser (U.S.)/ Rubber (U.K)
- Glue stick
- Pencil sharpener
- Scotch tape
- Lunch box
- Paper clip
- Pencil case
- Drink bottle
- Test tube
- Colored pencil
- Post-it note
- Liquid glue
- Binder clip
- Paint palette
- Correction fluid
- Gel pen
- Mechanical pencil
Picture of School Items
Examples of School Supplies
- Don’t use these scissors to cut paper or card.
- He lay back on the grass using his backpack as a pillow.
- He laid the book on the bookshelf a moment ago.
- Can you measure accurately with this ruler?
- Write your homework in ink, not in pencil.
Eraser (U.S.)/ Rubber (U.K)
- He rubbed out the last sentence on his paper with his eraser.
- These crayons are not suitable to use in very hot weather.
- She mended a broken dish with glue.
- He brought out a notebook and pen from his pocket.
- Please write in pen on both sides of the paper.
- Use a highlighter to reinforce the ideas you want to remember.
- I needed to use a calculator to add up the bill.
- I do not have a pencil sharpener, but I have a knife.
- Scotch tape is very useful for making quick repairs.
- Lucy arranged the contents of a folder on the table and set up a typewriter.
- He wore spectacles and a blue sweater and carried a clipboard.
- I picked up my lunch box and I walked to school.
- She fastened the papers together with a paper clip.
- She stapled the papers together with the stapler.
- We use a globe in our geography class.
- Can I borrow your pen for a minute?
- On color monitors, the pointer can be used as a paintbrush.
- My mom bought me yesterday a new pencil case.
- There was a drink bottle on the windowsill.
- Take care not to break the test tube!
- They have some experience using watercolor paints.
- Joe’s boxes were marked with a blue triangle.
- Use your protractor to construct an equilateral triangle.
- If you haven’t a compass, use the stars to guide you.
- He poured the petrol into the car through a funnel.
- The abacus was the precursor of the modern electronic calculator.
- With a stick of chalk, he wrote her order on a blackboard.
- He only sees the one post-it note that’s right in front of him.
- I press the thumbtack into the board with the thumb.
- The teacher pegged a notice to a notice board.
- In her work, she cannot do without a computer.
- She was bent over her desk writing a letter.
- We have added framed fruit, a vintage breadboard, an old paint palette, etc. to the doors and walls and even painted the fridge black, edged in bronze.
- Keep the data on flashcards and put it in your pocket to look at in spare moments.
- If you amend any information in this form, please clearly mark and counter-sign the amendments. Please do not use correction fluid.
- He rooted about in all his drawers and found the lost ball-pen at last.
- I’ve put a cross on the map to show where the hotel is.
List of School Supplies | Infographic
Helpful List of School Things