Ways to Respond to Bad News!!! In this article, we learn how to respond to bad news in English.
How to Respond to Bad News
- How dreadful! I’m really sorry to hear that.
- How unfortunate! That’s really tough on you!
- That’s awful!
- Sorry, that’s rough/ awful/ disappointing.
- Oh, dear!
- That must have been awful.
- Anytime you need to talk, Just call me.
- My goodness! What a shock! It’s hard to believe.
- It’s hard to take but I understand your opinion.
- Please accept my deepest sympathy
- If there’s anything I can do, just let me know.
- That must be awful!
- Poor you, I do sympathize you
- What a shame!
- What a pity!
- That’s sad indeed. I can imagine how you feel.
- Oh no…
- That’s terrible!
- I can’t believe it!
- That’s no good.
- I’m so sorry to hear that.
Responding to Bad News in English | Infographic