Let’s Learn Phrasal Verbs with Read in English with Examples. There are some phrasal verbs with Read. We’ll cover some of the most useful phrasal verbs in this lesson.
Phrasal Verbs with Read
- Read something off
To read something aloud from a list
- Read (something) back (to somebody)
To read some information back or again to the person who has just given it
- Read into
To believe that action, remark or situation has particular importance or meaning, often when this is not true
- Read over/ through
To read something quickly from the beginning to the end
- Read for something
To study for something
- Read up on/ about something
To spend time reading in order to find out information about something
- Read something out
To read something aloud
Examples of Phrasal Verbs with Read
- In the code, this is read into the dest variable.
- Mendoza read over the file on the murders.
- He wants to read for a law degree.
- We must read up on geophysics first.
- I read about the accident in the local paper.
- He read through the pages slowly and carefully.
- I’ve read up on the dangers of all these drugs.
- The editor read over the manuscript.
Read Phrasal Verbs | Infographic