Personality traits!!! Personality traits are permanent aspects or traits. They can develop slowly over time, but they are usually permanent. We use the question “What are you like?” to ask about personality. This lesson will cover basic adjectives for describing people’s personalities in English with useful examples.
Personality means an individual’s tendencies to behave, think, and react in a particular way. Most sociologists agree that personalities come about from the cultures and families in which people are raised.
List of Personality Traits
Examples of Personality Traits
- She wasn’t very academic and hated school.
- She was even more beautiful than I had remembered.
- She’s so calm, nothing seems to faze her.
- He gave me a dazzling smile.
- Robert was eager to talk about life in the Army.
- He is a fanatic jogger.
- He is very generous — he often buys things for other people.
- We are happy to announce the engagement of our daughter.
- You blundering idiot! What do you think you’re doing?
- You look very jaded; you need a holiday.
- She’s very keen to learn about Japanese culture.
- He is a serious scholar, a genuinely learned man.
- He drives like a maniac; I’m sure he’ll cause an accident.
- He keeps his room clean and neat.
- They were very obliging and offered to wait for us.
- I know your leg hurts, just be patient until the doctor arrives.
- I’m normally quick to complain about the shoddy service.
- He was too upset to be rational.
- In the doctor’s opinion, he was sane at the time of the murder.
- If you’re too trusting, other people will take advantage of you.
- His designs have a unique brand of stylishness.
- We have a verbal agreement with her.
- Jane was willing to accompany you to the park to go out for a walk.
- She has managed to maintain her youthful appearance.
- She’s special because her coat looks zany. It is sharply divided between horse and zebra.
- He pleaded with his parents for a more understanding attitude.
- She was not exactly good-looking, but definitely attractive.
- He’s totally unreliable as a source of information.
- You’re getting quite romantic in your old age!
- I tried to be tactful, but he seemed to be mortally offended.
Personality Adjectives Infographic
Great List of Personality Traits in English
Personality Adjectives List