Another word for “on the other hand”!!! We have a useful list of 35 on the other hand synonyms. These on the other hand synonyms to solid your vocabulary words and boost your English writing skill.
On the Other Hand Synonyms
Other Words for On the Other Hand
- If not
- In contrast
- Then again
- On the flip side
- Or else
- In different circumstances
- On the contrary
- In any case
- At any rate
- That said
- All the same
- That being said
- Having said that
- Any other way
- In spite of
- Or then
- Under other conditions
- From another point of view
On the Other Hand Synonyms with Examples
- I feel a bit tired. However, I can hold on.
- It’s a risky idea, if not downright dangerous!
- Although my car is very old, it still runs very well.
- In contrast to her sister, she is very tall.
- My parents lent me money. Otherwise, I couldn’t have afforded the trip.
- Beauty is potent, but money is more potent.
- I like to travel but, then again, I’m very fond of my home.
On the flip side
- On the flip side of partnerships, he talked about their competition.
- He says what he thinks, regardless of other people’s feelings.
- We thought she was arrogant, whereas, in fact, she was just very shy.
- Alternatively, it can be taken in tablet or capsule form.
- The book must be here, or else you’ve lost it.
On the contrary
- You think you are clever; on the contrary, I assure you that you are very foolish.
- Notwithstanding that he tried hard, he failed in chemistry.
In any case
- I don’t want to go and in any case, I haven’t been invited.
- He’s an ordinary bloke, despite being famous.
At any rate
- I don’t think they liked my idea. At any rate, they weren’t very enthusiastic about it.
- That said, future releases promise to be very interesting.
All the same
- All the same, there is some truth in what he says.
That being said
- That being said, there are specific IT portfolio management functions.
- Conversely, there was no significant association with portal hypertension.
Having said that
- Having said that, in fact, this is a pinball game box!
- Though she’s almost 40, she still plans to compete.
Any other way
- If you want us to incriminate ourselves in any other way, we are ready.
- The problems are not serious. Nonetheless, we shall need to tackle them soon.
In spite of
- In spite of their very different backgrounds, they immediately became friends.
- There was no news; nevertheless, we went on hoping.
- Contrarily, I will write in English first, in doing this, I can practice thinking in English.
- Instead of catching fish, all he fished out was an old boot.
From another point of view
- You can’t love someone without imaginative sympathy, without beginning to see the world from another point of view.
- I agree with what he says, but I’d have phrased it differently.
Another Word for On the Other Hand | Infographic
List of Other Words for “On the Other Hand”