Natural Disasters!!! This useful lesson shows a list of vocabulary words that are used when talking about natural disasters. Each word has an example sentence that is used to provide context.
A natural disaster is the name of any natural hazard associated with a natural hazard such as floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, volcanoes, earthquakes, or catastrophes that affect the environment in such a way that causes natural resources, financial and loss of life.
Natural Disasters List
- Natural wildfire
- Volcano eruption
- Ice storm
- Extreme heat
- Dust storm
Examples of Natural Disasters
- The town was hit by a tornado last night.
- The flood last year was a terrible catastrophe in which many people died.
- In Northern California, a wildfire has spread a haze of smoke over 200 miles.
- Many buildings fell down during the earthquake.
- The drought has made farmers anxious about the harvest.
- No one knows the height of the tsunami caused by this eruption.
- After the landslide, volunteers worked in relays to rescue people buried under the rubble.
- His home was destroyed in a typhoon.
- The volcano erupted in 1980, devastating a large area of Washington state.
- The next day, an ice storm left 400,000 Detroit residents without electricity.
- To a geologist, this is a simple limestone sinkhole.
- His plane made a crash-landing during a sandstorm yesterday.
- The hurricane is moving to the west at about 18 miles per hour.
- All flights have been canceled because of fog.
- We enjoyed the picnic until a thunderstorm intervened.
- A light drizzle had started by the time we left.
- They were killed by an avalanche in the Swiss Alps.
- The old tree behind our house was riven by lightning last night.
- After three weeks she had got used to the extreme heat.
- Pigeons fly through a dust storm in Kuwait City.
- The cyclone has resulted in many thousands of deaths.
- The fruit trees were beaten down by the heavy hailstorm.
- Eleanor arrived in the midst of a blizzard.
- I notice a waterspout at the horizon and watch it until it moves out of sight.
Natural Disasters Vocabulary | Infographic
Names of Natural Disasters in English
Last Updated on January 18, 2021