What is another word for “love”? Below is the list of romantic synonyms for “love” in English. You’ll find the best synonyms with an example sentence to help show context for each word provided in this useful list.
Other Words for Love
Here is the romantic list of 32 love synonyms. This synonyms list will help you build up a vocabulary that allows you to converse fluently in English.
- Care for
- Dote on
- Go for
- Crazy about
- Fond of
- Mad for
- Delight in
- Hold dear
Examples of Love Synonyms
- I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am with you.
- I don’t agree with her, but I admire her for sticking to her principles.
- She didn’t fancy the idea of going home in the dark.
- Enjoy your youth. You’ll never be younger than you are at this very moment.
- I adore it in the early mornings when the sun is still behind the hill.
- The jacket was a bit busy for my tastes – I’d prefer something a bit plainer.
- It was a pleasure to flog her, to defend her, to scrutinize, criticize, and idolize her.
- I understand you have called content, and you don’t understand is what I cherish.
- Therefore, if you desire love, try to realize that the only way to get love is by giving love, that the more you give, the more you get.
- Do you know something? I don’t think I like that man.
- I have to say I don’t much care for modern music.
- I esteem it as a privilege to attend this meeting and give a report here.
- The gift was designed to glorify the empire and the giver.
- You’re a wonderful friend, and I treasure you more with every year.
- We would appreciate it if you could send us your comments.
- Life is a candle. If burned out, there will no chance for you to start again. Let’s value life.
- You shouldn’t dote on children, for it isn’t good for their growth.
- We were taught to venerate the glorious example of our heroes and martyrs.
- What today will be like is up to me, I get to choose what kind of day I will have.
- She did not move; her intent gaze made her look as if she were leaning towards him softly.
- Shall we get together on Friday and go for a drink or something?
- My sister’s absolutely crazy about chocolate whereas I can take it or leave it.
- I am very fond of Michael.
- Everyone’s mad for him and I just don’t see the attraction.
- We delight in the beauties of nature.
- Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever.
- I savor the feeling of the crinkly old skins through silk gloves, turning them page by page.
- You are like a third parent. We all love you and respect you.
- Will the government honor its election pledge not to raise taxes?
- I worship the ground you walk on, you must know that by now.
- Honor and opportunity in life I hold dear; morality and principle I hold dearer.
- They are fools who adulate every decision of their leaders.
Another Word for Love | Infographic
Useful List of Other Words for “Love” in English