List of occupations! Below is a useful list of jobs in English. This list includes many names of jobs and occupations around the world with examples and ESL infographics.
List of Occupations
Names of Jobs
Here is the list of occupations in English.
- Actor/ Actress
- Ballet Dancer
- Bus Driver
- Computer Programmer
- Customs Officer
- Delivery Man
- Factory Worker
- Flight Attendant
- Gas Station Attendant
- Office Worker
- Police Officer
- Real Estate Agent
- Taxi Driver
Occupations with Examples
- He is going to be an accountant.
- He won the best actor award.
- Nina is studying to be an architect.
- The young artist showed me his recent canvases.
- An astronaut will attempt to leave the stationary spaceship and then return to it.
- The baker bakes his bread in the bakery.
- I wanted to be a ballet dancer when I was a child.
- The bartender handed me a mug of lukewarm beer.
- Here are your keys. The bellboy will take your luggage upstairs.
- The biologist stained the specimen before looking at it through the microscope.
- The boxer had pummelled his opponent into submission by the end of the fourth round.
- The bus driver washed the windows as a classical music tape played from his dashboard.
- The money was donated by a local businessman who wishes to remain anonymous.
- The butcher weighed the meat on the scales.
- The cameraman panned down the camera.
- The caretaker ran out and saw off the boys who had been damaging the fence.
- She was in the second year of her apprenticeship as a carpenter.
- She is a cashier in a bank.
- John worked as a chef in the merchant navy.
- He’s left his job as a computer programmer and is working as a consultant for a German firm.
- The customs officer asked him to empty out the contents of his bag.
- I did not want to appear like a delivery man.
- Visit your dentist twice a year for a check-up.
- We squatted beside the pool and watched the diver sink slowly down.
- My doctor referred me to a hospital specialist.
- The electrician ran a wire from the kitchen to the bedroom.
- The company reinstated him as chief engineer.
- An entrepreneur is more than just a risk-taker. He is a visionary.
- How many factory workers are in danger of losing their jobs?
- The farmer grows potatoes in this field.
- The fireman managed to keep the fire under.
- The fisherman plopped the bait into the river.
- On the plane, the flight attendant brings you a towelette after your meal.
- The florist made up an attractive bouquet.
- We advertised for a second guitarist.
- She set herself up as a hairdresser.
- He is a clerk for a judge.
- He deposited the papers with his lawyer.
- The librarian returned with the book I wanted.
- I applied for a job as a lifeguard at the community pool.
- He had been a talented musician in his youth.
- A nurse took her arm and led her to a chair.
- I am a regular office worker.
- The pharmacist will make up your prescription.
- I think she’ll be successful as a photographer.
- The trainee pilot flew his first solo today.
- The girl is a receptionist at the Beijing Hotel.
- The repairman disconnected the TV set before fixing it.
- The scientist deserves recognition for his talent.
- He is a student of international politics.
- The surgeon is performing an eye operation.
- The tailor has cut my coat very well.
- He is a veterinarian, he is very kind to animals.
Occupations | Infographic
List of Occupations: Jobs You Should Know