Less vs fewer!!! Learn the difference between fewer vs less and how to use them in a sentence.
Less vs Fewer
Less or fewer??? What’s the difference between Fewer vs Less?
Fewer and less are commonly confused words in English, or rather, less is used while fewer tends to fall by the wayside.
When to Use Less
Less is used when talking about things that are uncountable or have no plural. It is compatible with collective nouns, uncountable nouns, and volumes.
- The moon yields less light than the sun.
- We must try to spend less money.
- Many women earn less than their male colleagues.
When to Use Fewer
Fewer is used when talking about things or people in the plural. It is used countable nouns and individual items.
- She needs fewer clothes this month.
- Women commit fewer crimes than men.
- I’ve got fewer tasks than I used to have.
Difference between Fewer vs Less | Infographic
Less or Fewer – When to Use Less vs Fewer