Kitchenware! In this article, we are going to learn English vocabulary words related to items and equipment we can commonly find in the kitchen. Do you know them all? Below is the list of common kitchenware for your kitchen.
List of Kitchen Items
Below is a useful list to help you learn words for things you find in the kitchen.
- Salt cellar
- Pressure cooker
- Chopping board
- Rolling pin
- Oven gloves
- Fruit juicer
- Electric kettle
Here are some useful example sentences of kitchenware vocabulary:
- He was so thirsty that he drank a mug of milk.
- I’d like a cup of coffee, please.
- She dropped a ladle filled with hot soup into his lap.
- Using a wide spatula and tongs, turn cake carefully.
- For best results, use the electric whisk for whisking the eggs and sugar for the sponge.
- She was paring an apple with a knife when I came in.
- Remove the wafers with a spoon and transfer them to a plate.
- I replaced the cup carefully in the saucer.
- He started tipping the pea pods into a pan.
- She arranged plates and cutlery on a small table.
- She rummaged around and found a teapot and a mug.
- How did this dish get broken?
- She dropped the bowl on the floor and it broke into fragments.
- Look after the milk on the stove. Don’t let it bubble over.
- Don’t pour hot water into the glass or it will crack.
- Steam the corn until it can easily be pierced with a fork.
- A sign of taking too much salt is if you find it difficult to remove the salt cellar from the table.
- There were two glasses of champagne on the tray.
- After four minutes, pour the pasta into a colander to drain.
- So, last week I got a pressure cooker and took the plunge.
Essential Kitchen Items | Infographic
Names of Essential Kitchenware in The Kitchen
Last Updated on April 16, 2021