Learn common irregular adverbs in English. Here is a list of common irregular adverbs.
Most adverbs are formed by adding –ly to an adjective. However, some adverbs are irregular.
Here is a useful irregular adjectives and adverbs list which does not follow the normal rule.
1. Good -> Well
2. Fast -> Fast
3. Hard -> Hard
4. Late -> Late
5. Early -> Early
6. Daily -> Daily
7. Straight -> Straight
8. Wrong -> Wrong/ Wrongly
9. Lively -> Lively
10. Far -> Far
Irregular Forms of Adverbs Examples
- Although he had had little formal education, he could read and write well.
- He worked fast, cutting and slicing the turf neatly, heaving the sod to one side.
- She ran out of the room and slammed the door as hard as she could.
- She may have arrived late or it is equally possible that she never went there at all.
- It has been suggested that bright children take their exams early.
- The situation changes daily, so you’ve got to keep your finger on the pulse.
- She had set a trap for him and he had walked straight into it.
- When things go wrong, all of us naturally feel disappointed and frustrated.
- In addition, hiemal sunshine is weaker, color wants on the choice of line shade so as far as possible lively, or give priority to with white.
Irregular Forms of Adverbs | Infographic