What is another word for “house”? In this article, we learn some common synonyms for “house” in English. Below is a list of house synonyms for ESL students.
Other Words for House List
Here is a list of 44 English synonyms words for “house”.
- Mobile home
- Motor home
- Railroad flat
- Rooming house
- Saltbox house
- Split level
House Synonyms Examples
- She pays ￡200 a week for this apartment.
- A bungalow does not have an upstairs.
- He showed her to a small cabin.
- He parked his caravan on a vacant lot.
- She heads across the courtyard towards casita 6.
- The old castle is said to be haunted.
- The cottage had a musty smell after being shut up over the winter.
- She knew a couple of friends elsewhere who lived together under the pretense of sharing an apartment or duplex.
Soon we arrived at Tower House, a suburban-style dwelling with a large front garden.
- He owns a large estate in Scotland.
- The farmhouse we stayed in was completely off the beaten track.
- He lived in a flat above the shop.
- There was no sign of habitation as far as the eye could see.
- There were no empty seats left in the hall.
- He lived on the homestead only a short time, then went back east.
- The flounder put them back in the old hovel.
- The policewoman found a frightened child in the hut.
- The rabbit pops out as soon as we open the hutch.
- It’s cheaper to live in lodgings than in a hotel.
- The hotel was a converted manor house.
- The hotel has the splendor of a nineteenth-century mansion.
- Would you like a duplex or a mobile home?
- He fueled the motor home before going on vacation.
- The Emperor lived in the Palace.
- He’s staying in the Dorchester’s penthouse, which costs a whopping ￡2,500-a-night.
- We rented a villa in Spain last summer.
- We were moved to more comfortable living quarters.
- I’ve invited him to the rectory for dinner.
- Our students can also opt to stay in residence.
- We went across town to the rooming house where the opera stars were living.
- They lived in a shack with a dirt floor.
- There’s a shanty town built of flattened oil barrels and packing cases.
- Ponds on a split level I intend to start building two ponds in my garden.
- She has a suite of rooms in the hotel.
- Don’t you think that townhouse is too big for one person?
- We live in a triplex house of a multilayer apartment.
Another Word for House | Infographic
House Synonyms – Different Types of Houses
Last Updated on January 6, 2021