Another word for “hard”!!! Are you looking for synonyms for hard? This page provides a useful list of hard synonyms in English. You’ll also find example sentences to help show context for each word.
List of Other Words for Hard
These synonyms words for the word “hard” will further help you improve your English vocabulary, especially at advanced levels.
Examples of Hard Synonyms
- They were faced with the daunting task of restoring the house.
- The silence between them started to grow oppressive.
- We had to work from material that was both complex and recondite.
- We’ll have to make some tough decisions – there are no easy options.
- The form was terribly complicated and I had a lot of trouble with it.
- In London, late-night taxis are elusive and far from cheap.
- Don’t keep on at him about his handwriting or he’ll get a complex.
- The government is faced with an apparently insoluble problem.
- My parents were very strict with me when I was young.
- This is an immensely frustrating experience for the student.
- The area will face a herculean task if it is to find a new occupier for that factory.
- Teaching young children is a challenging and rewarding job.
- He found he could no longer cope with his demanding job.
- It’s a very stressful situation for everyone concerned.
- There was a strange inhuman sound.
- She found the city quite overwhelming when she first arrived.
- It was an exhausting schedule she had set herself.
- This is a serious dispute and could lead to armed conflict.
- The farmers use an intricate system of drainage canals.
- He interpreted a difficult passage in a book.
- The curriculum was too narrow and too rigid.
- My uncle became severe when I was late.
- Einstein’s theory of relativity is very abstruse.
- It was becoming a ticklish situation.
- She has to face the brutal reality.
- She showed great tact in dealing with a tricky situation.
- We had a few hairy moments when I thought the boat was going to sink.
- The new regulations will be burdensome for small businesses.
- The government is keeping tight control of immigration.
- Our teacher is so rigorous that he seldom lets up on us.
- He was too stubborn to admit that he was wrong.
- His punishing work schedule had made him resort to drugs.
- I despise anyone who is cruel to animals.
- Many misfortunes came on us during that harsh winter.
- I felt his report was deliberately opaque.
- This is the most onerous task I have ever undertaken.
- For Perry, writing is a laborious process.
- The new range of computers has formidable processing power.
- The story is convoluted and opaque, often to the point of total obscurity.
- This is an Augean task.
- I had a bruising encounter with my ex-husband last week.
- Although she was intimidating in aspect, she was warm and affectionate beneath the surface.
- Under his leadership, many knotty problems were smoothly solved.
- I was merciless with myself, but the only thing I envied Dennis was his money.
- Movement can be painful when you’ve hurt your back.
- The Rocky Mountains have rugged mountains and roads.
- Not only a will-be expert must do effortful study, but she must also do it consistently for a long, long period of time.
- That’s backbreaking work and maybe too much for us.
Another Word for Hard | Infographic
Hard Synonyms: List of Hard Synonyms in English
Last Updated on January 7, 2021