Fruits and vegetables!!! Fruits and vegetables are a great source of vitamins and minerals. Enjoying fruits and vegetables is a great way to improve your health and actually enjoy what you eat. Here, we list some common fruits and vegetables in English with example sentences. This list will help you improve and expand your English vocabulary.
Fruits and Vegetables
- Starfruit (US)/ Carambola (UK)
- Melon Cantaloupe
- Dragon Fruit
- Rose Apple
- Star Apple
- Yellow Onion
- Red Onion
- Red Cabbage
- White Cabbage
- Red Chili
- Green Chili
- Sweet Potato
- Spring Onion
- Courgette (UK)/ Zucchini (US)
- Brussels Sprout
- Beetroot/ Beet
- Bell Pepper
- Coriander/ Cilantro
- Napa Cabbage
- Swede/ Rutabaga
- Bitter Melon
Fruits and Vegetables with Examples
- Would you like another piece of apple pie?
- The watermelon was very luscious. Everyone wanted another slice.
- The outside of the orange is bitter, but the inside is sweet.
- The pear is rotten to the core.
- I’d like a cheeseburger and strawberry milkshake to go, please.
- He put a grape into his mouth and swallowed it whole.
- All varieties of plum, apple, and pear trees, grew in unison.
- Do you like eating mango?
- A blueberry muffin should be bursting with blueberries, an apple muffin heavy with apples.
- Yes, I ate papaya this morning. It’s very delicious.
- You have a choice of marmalade or apricot jam for breakfast.
- Lychee is an oval shape and large small, like a small lantern, like a hornet’s nest.
- Mash the banana and add it to the batter.
- The hamburger is gone and more grapefruit juice has arrived.
- When I cut the lemon, juice squirted in my eye.
- She walked in as cool as a cucumber as if nothing had happened.
- Add carrots and yellow onion and bring to a boil.
- I always use red onion, I put them in my soup and salad all the time.
- There’s an overpowering smell of garlic in the kitchen.
- Mix the meat with the onion, carrot, and some seasoning.
- Add the red cabbage and saute for an additional five minutes.
- Do you want white cabbage or Chinese cabbage?
- We can now enjoy this radish for dinner.
- Add eggplant to the saucepan and saute in remaining oil until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- The fish was served with a delicate mushroom sauce.
- Chop the red pepper and mushrooms and arrange on the aubergines.
- Grilled chicken breast with capers, olives, and artichoke in marinara sauce.
- The corn is still green.
- Their favorites are sugar beet, turnips, and swedes where these are still available.
- Broccoli and cauliflower are among the most nutritious vegetables.
Learn more about the list of tropical fruits in English.
Fruits and Vegetables Infographic