Either or!!! In this lesson, we will learn how to use either … or in English and show some example sentences.
- Either is used as a conjunction so we can express alternatives and/ or a choice between two things or people.
- Either or is correlative conjunction. We use either or to connect things which are the same types, phrases, clauses, or words.
- Either dye or paints are used to color cloth.
- It’s the kind of movie you either love or hate.
- Either my father or my brothers are coming.
- The young men were assessed as either safe or unsafe drivers.
- A door must be either shut or open.
- You add either one or two cloves of garlic.
- You can either write or phone to request a copy.
- I think she’s either Russian or Polish.
- You must either stay at home or come with us.
- Either she goes or I go.
- It’s either me or her. You can’t have it both ways.
- Either John or Jane has to give up their job.
- I left it either on the table or in the drawer.
- She knew she could either admit the truth or brazen it out.
- Either you leave now or I call the police!
- If either David or Janet comes, they will want a drink.
- You’re either with me or against me.
- I’m going to buy either a camera or a CD player with money.
How to Use Either Or | Infographic
How to Use Either Or in English Sentences