Desert animals!!! Deserts are extreme environments, making them difficult places for some animals to live. In this lesson, we show a useful list of names of over 35 desert animals in English with examples and infographic.
Names of Desert Animals
- Wolf spider
- Long-nosed bat
- Kangaroo rat
- Gila monster
- Fire ant
- Fennec fox
- Desert monitor
- Coral snake
- Black widow spider
- Bighorn sheep
- Addax antelope
Examples of Desert Animals
- Hunting spiders such as the wolf spider have eight eyes in three rows with the top set being the largest and most developed.
- The decline of the vulture is due to the success of livestock farming and loss of habitat.
- The desert tortoise is one of many species in the protected area.
- The toad had changed its color to blend in with its new environment.
- Barry had told them at school that his Dad had bought him a tarantula.
- A scorpion has a poisonous sting in its long jointed tail.
- One afternoon a coyote surprised a roadrunner when it was half asleep and leaning against a wall.
- We slowly backed away from the rattlesnake.
- Like all other game birds, quail need to be cooked carefully to avoid overcooking, as the flesh can dry out.
- The ostrich is a bird that no longer has the power of flight.
- The meerkat stretched out a little paw and appeared to kiss the giraffe.
- You looked down your nose like some supercilious llama!
- The lizard darted out its tongue at the insect.
- We spotted a jackrabbit hidden in the brush.
- Adopting or rescuing an iguana can be a very interesting and rewarding experience.
- The Gila monster has to be reckoned among the world’s most poisonous creatures.
- The gerbil is a playful little animal with big whiskers and a huge tail.
- He looks up at the ceiling, which a gecko is slowly traversing.
- Then everyone began giving advice to the teacher who had stepped in the fire ants.
- The eagle was an emblem of strength and courage.
- A coyote passed an hour or so before dawn at the edge of the clearing.
- One of the most deadly animals in the world, the cobra, employs just such a device.
- Like a chameleon, he could merge unobtrusively into the background.
- It is very dangerous to be bitten by a centipede, let alone one so big!
- His mouth was like that of a camel, with a big opening and wide jaws.
- When Americans say wildcat, they usually mean a lynx, an ocelot, or a bobcat.
Black widow spider
- The black widow spider has red-orange markings on its body.
- The bighorn sheep, very good to eat, was a logical source of provender in the hill country.
- I have never seen the armadillo.
Desert Animals Infographic
List of Desert Animals with Picture