Descriptive words in English!!! Let’s take a look at the list of descriptive words in English.
Descriptive words are help visualize, describe, define, or explain information about people, places, things, situations, or actions.
Most people think of adjectives, words that describe nouns when they think of descriptive words, but many are not adjectives. They could also include adverbs or words that help to describe the action. They could also be clear, strong verbs or nouns that carry a clear meaning.
List of Descriptive Words
- Asked (Synonyms for Said)
- Simple (Easy Synonym)
- Care for
Examples of Descriptive Words
- The canoe is made of one big trunk.
- The singer earns a colossal amount of money.
- By some freak of fate, she won an enormous sum of money.
- The runners accelerated smoothly round the bend.
- She is such an agile dancer!
- A tennis player needs to have very quick reflexes.
- The teacher called the boy to the front.
- “He went back to the lab”, Iris exclaimed impatiently.
- He told the police about the loss of his car.
- The new play poses some challenging questions.
- I cannot solve this complicated problem.
- She showed great tact in dealing with a tricky situation.
- I know Frank will be delighted to see you.
- We spent a blissful week together.
- I’m amazed that she keeps so cheerful.
- He was a benevolent old man, he wouldn’t hurt a fly.
- You are very helpful in preparing my manuscript.
- She is always polite and considerate toward her employees.
- Brennan is a diminutive man with a quick smile.
- The little boy caught a fish.
- She learned to swim when she was really tiny.
- He wants to hike around the world.
- They planned to march on and liberate the city.
- I’ll wander around the mall for half an hour.
- He told an amusing story as a lead-in to his speech.
- He looked so comical in that hat.
- He tried to make his speech more entertaining.
- It is quite obvious that he is lying.
- There’s no simple solution to this problem.
- Why can’t I have an uncomplicated life?
- His eyes still dart around the room looking for a weapon.
- I got up early the next morning to jog.
- She loves to scamper through the woods of the forest.
- He began to feel depressed and helpless.
- She’s always sniveling about her unhappy childhood.
- The photos brought back some wonderful memories.
- The fireworks looked very splendid against the dark sky.
- Clive decided to adopt a neutral position.
- Select an option from the dialog box.
- He is not clever, but at all events, he works well.
- Her mother was a brilliant scientist.
- I admire his passionate belief in what he is doing.
- Did you enjoy your travels in Europe?
Descriptive Language | Infographic
Descriptive Language in English