Cry Synonyms!!! Do you need Synonyms for Cry? Here is a list of synonyms words for Cry that you can use in English.
Cry Synonyms in English
This is a comprehensive list of synonyms for the word CRY.
1. Howl – Make a long loud cry because you are unhappy, angry, or in pain, or because you are amused or excited
2. Lament – Express feelings of great sadness about something
3. Sorrow – Feel or express great sadness
4. Wail – Cry out with a long high sound, especially because you are very sad or in pain
5. Weep – Cry because you are very sad; to cry while making sounds of distress
6. Whimper – Cry softly; to make a quiet crying sound
7. Sob – Cry noisily while talking in short, sudden breaths
8. Bawl – Cry very loudly
9. Bewail – Express deep sadness or disappointment about something
10. Blubber – Cry noisily, especially in a way that annoys people
11. Snivel – Cry and complain in a way that people think is annoying
12. Yowl – Make a long loud cry that sounds unhappy
13. Scream – Give a loud, high cry, because you are hurt, frightened, excited
14. Squall – Cry very loudly and noisily
15. Mewl – Make a weak crying sound
16. Whine – Complain in an annoying, crying voice
Cry Synonyms Examples
- She let out a howl of pain.
- Ken began to lament the death of his only son.
- I sorrow for his death.
- The women began to wail in mourning.
- She wanted to laugh and weep all at once.
- The child was lost and began to whimper.
- The child started to sob when he couldn’t find his mother.
- You don’t have to bawl out like that. Everybody can hear you.
- She bewailed her misfortune.
- She started to blubber like a child.
- Billy started to snivel. His mother smacked his hand.
Synonyms for Cry | Infographic
CRY Synonyms – Synonyms for Cry in English