Cry Synonyms!!! Do you need Synonyms for Cry? Here is a list of synonyms words for Cry that you can use in English.
Cry Synonyms in English
This is a comprehensive list of synonyms for the word CRY.
- Howl – Make a long loud cry because you are unhappy, angry, or in pain, or because you are amused or excited
- Lament – Express feelings of great sadness about something
- Sorrow – Feel or express great sadness
- Wail – Cry out with a long high sound, especially because you are very sad or in pain
- Weep – Cry because you are very sad; to cry while making sounds of distress
- Whimper – Cry softly; to make a quiet crying sound
- Sob – Cry noisily while talking in short, sudden breaths
- Bawl – Cry very loudly
- Bewail – Express deep sadness or disappointment about something
- Blubber – Cry noisily, especially in a way that annoys people
- Snivel – Cry and complain in a way that people think is annoying
- Yowl – Make a long loud cry that sounds unhappy
- Scream – Give a loud, high cry, because you are hurt, frightened, excited
- Squall – Cry very loudly and noisily
- Mewl – Make a weak crying sound
- Whine – Complain in an annoying, crying voice
Cry Synonyms Examples
- She let out a howl of pain.
- Ken began to lament the death of his only son.
- I sorrow for his death.
- The women began to wail in mourning.
- She wanted to laugh and weep all at once.
- The child was lost and began to whimper.
- The child started to sob when he couldn’t find his mother.
- You don’t have to bawl out like that. Everybody can hear you.
- She bewailed her misfortune.
- She started to blubber like a child.
- Billy started to snivel. His mother smacked his hand.
- Patsy could hardly be heard above the baby’s yowls.
- She cannot sleep and the pain is often so bad she wants to scream.
- The hungry kid began to squall.
- Straining his ears, he hears the mewl of a distant cat.
- I’m sick and tired of listening to you whine.
Synonyms for Cry | Infographic
Cry Synonyms – Synonyms for Cry in English