Are you looking for another word for “cry”? Here is a list of synonyms words for “cry” that you can use in English.
List of Other Words for Cry
This is a comprehensive list of synonyms for the word “cry”.
Cry Synonyms Examples
- Meaning: Make a long loud cry because you are unhappy, angry, or in pain, or because you are amused or excited
- Example: She let out a howl of pain.
- Meaning: Express feelings of great sadness about something
- Example: Ken began to lament the death of his only son.
- Meaning: Feel or express great sadness
- Example: I sorrow for his death.
- Meaning: Cry out with a long high sound, especially because you are very sad or in pain
- Example: The women began to wail in mourning.
- Meaning: Cry because you are very sad; to cry while making sounds of distress
- Example: She wanted to laugh and weep all at once.
- Meaning: Cry softly; to make a quiet crying sound
- Example: The child was lost and began to whimper.
- Meaning: Cry noisily while talking in short, sudden breaths
- Example: The child started to sob when he couldn’t find his mother.
- Meaning: Cry very loudly
- Example: You don’t have to bawl out like that. Everybody can hear you.
- Meaning: Express deep sadness or disappointment about something
- Example: She bewailed her misfortune.
- Meaning: Cry noisily, especially in a way that annoys people
- Example: She started to blubber like a child.
- Meaning: Cry and complain in a way that people think is annoying
- Example: Billy started to snivel. His mother smacked his hand.
- Meaning: Make a long loud cry that sounds unhappy
- Example: Patsy could hardly be heard above the baby’s yowls.
- Meaning: Give a loud, high cry, because you are hurt, frightened, excited
- Example: She cannot sleep and the pain is often so bad she wants to scream.
- Meaning: Cry very loudly and noisily
- Example: The hungry kid began to squall.
- Meaning: Make a weak crying sound
- Example: Straining his ears, he hears the mewl of a distant cat.
- Meaning: Complaint in an annoying, crying voice
- Example: I’m sick and tired of listening to you whine.
Another Word for Cry | Infographic
Cry Synonyms – Synonyms for Cry in English