Are you searching for another word for “because”? Below are over 50 other words for “because” you can use instead
List of Other Words for Because
Here, we share some great synonyms for “because” to help you add variety to your writing.
- Now that
- On the grounds that
- Owing to
- Seeing that
- Thanks to
- For the reason that
- For the sake of
- Inasmuch as
- In that
- In the interest of
- In view of
- As a result of
- As long as
- As things go
- Being as
- By cause of
- By reason of
- By virtue of
- Due to
- Considering that
- In view of the fact that
- Out of
- Being that
- Due to the fact that
- Given that
- Owing to the fact that
- In as much as
- Forasmuch as
- As per the fact that
- Insomuch as
- On account
- As a consequence
- In light
- Seeing as
- Reason being
- Insofar as
Examples with Because Synonyms
- Now that we have cable, we get a wonderfully crisp picture, even on our old TV.
On the grounds that
- We oppose the bill, on the grounds that it discriminates against women.
- Owing to a lack of funds, the project will not continue next year.
- Seeing that he could not carry out his plan, he flung up his cards.
- Since his cancer was diagnosed, he feels as if he’s living on borrowed time.
- Thanks to that job I became an avid reader.
- Through science, we’ve got the idea of associating progress with the future.
- You eat a massive plate of food for lunch, whereas I have just a sandwich.
For the reason that
- The learned judge held not, for the reason that no one is entitled to profit from his own wrong.
For the sake of
- He moved to the seaside for the sake of his health.
- This was a good decision inasmuch as it worked for you.
- You look terrific in that dress.
In the interest of
- In the interest of safety, smoking is forbidden.
In view of
- In view of the weather, the event will now be held indoors.
- The soldiers were diagnosed as having flu.
As a result of
- She died as a result of her injuries.
As long as
- I’ll stay in Mexico as long as my money holds on.
- McLaren keeps his own counsel, being as reticent as Ferguson is gregarious.
By reason of
- He’s always asked to these occasions by reason of his position.
By virtue of
- She became a British resident by virtue of her marriage.
- The event has been postponed indefinitely due to lack of interest.
- Their criticisms seem premature considering that the results aren’t yet known.
In view of the fact that
- In view of the fact that Hobson was not a trained economist, his achievements were remarkable.
- Tomato sauce stains terribly – it’s really difficult to get it out of clothes.
- He complied, his only concern being that it wasn’t drugs.
Due to the fact that
- The school’s poor exam record is largely due to the fact that it is chronically underfunded.
- Given that they’re inexperienced, they’ve done a good job.
- This statement was important insomuch as it revealed the extent of their knowledge.
- Dinner was somewhat delayed on account of David’s rather tardy arrival.
As a consequence
- As a consequence of being in the hospital, Shelly decided that she wanted to become a nurse.
- His theory is no longer tenable in light of the recent discoveries.
- We may as well go to the concert, seeing as we’ve already paid for the tickets.
- I’ll help you insofar as I can.
Another Word for Because | Infographic
Useful List of Because Synonyms in English