Another word for bad!!! What are other words for “bad”? Below is the list of common synonyms for bad in English. These words will further help you build your vocabulary, especially at advanced levels.
List of Other Words for Bad
Bad Synonyms Examples
- I began to feel atrocious toward those fellows.
- Some of these chemicals are very damaging to the environment.
- I had a terrible quarrel with my other brothers.
- Don’t wear that shirt. It looks cheesy.
- I was wearing grungy clothes when my boyfriend showed up at the door.
- I’ve been so miserable since Patrick left me.
- The interview was much worse than he had expected.
- I felt awful when I realized what I’d done.
- The food at that restaurant is inferior.
- She got them to hand over all their money by wicked deceit.
- They make me feel really icky and gross and uncomfortable.
- Don’t buy that coat – it looks cheap and nasty.
- He was wretched when he failed the examination.
- If teachers do not use reasonable care, there is a breach of duty, and they are negligent.
- There is a great contrast between good and evil.
- She started to cry when she heard the sad news.
- We were staying in this really crummy hotel.
- Merchants will give refunds on any damaged or defective merchandise.
- I have severe pain in the leg.
- I got it cheap because it’s slightly imperfect.
- The matter in your essay is good but the style is deplorable.
- I felt guilty about not visiting my parents more often.
- Please forgive the crappy quality, my built-in cam sucks.
- The machine won’t work because of a faulty connection.
- She had an angelic smile, but a dreadful temper.
- He was eventually convicted of committing an injurious act, a misdemeanor, police said.
- Mr. Morris said the victims had suffered from a very grievous mistake.
- For there is an unspoken rule that to swoop too eagerly on the in-flight sweet is uncool.
- Most household goods sold here are substandard, but the food is plentiful and cheap.
- The first time I read something beastly about me I was upset.
- Your table manners are appalling – don’t you know how to use a knife and fork?
- You’re no business-woman, Mrs. Sutherland, you’re lousy at it.
- There is abundant evidence that cars have a harmful effect on the environment.
- Large numbers of unskilled workers are employed at the lowest rates of pay.
- He’s in a really foul temper so be careful what you say to him.
- The company went bankrupt because of its poor management.
- All this had an extremely negative effect on the criminal justice system.
- There have been too many unpleasant innuendoes in this debate and not enough facts.
- She played a really nasty trick on me – she put syrup in my shampoo bottle!
- The research project was shelved due to slipshod management.
- He remonstrated to his wife that she was too careless.
- She was put off maths by a bullying and incompetent teacher.
- The product provided inadequate vitamin and mineral supplementation.
Another Word for Bad | Infographic
Useful List of Other Words for Bad