What is another word for “for example”? The useful list of for example synonyms is here. It contains accurate other and similarly related words for “for example” in English.
For Example Synonyms
Other Ways to Say “For Example”
- As a sample
- Such as
- In addition to
- By way of example
- By way of illustration
- For instance
- In other words
- To illustrate
- Examples include
- Let’s say…
- As an example
- Note well
- As an example being
- Pretend that
- Take for example
- In particular
- To be specific
- That is
- One example is
- As seen in
- Case in point
- In a similar case
- Take one example
- To give an example
- To give an instance
- That is to say
- As proof
- Suppose that
- If you look at
- These include
Examples of For Example Synonyms
As a sample
- As a sample of offenders, the course participants have more in common with prisoners than probationers.
- Wildflowers such as orchids and primroses are becoming rare.
By way of example
- By way of example, think of what is pictured in the law of action and reaction.
- The clams were delicious. Likewise, the eggplant was excellent.
- You cannot rely on her; for instance, she arrived an hour late for an important meeting yesterday.
In other words
- In other words, I had something to aim for, an immediate goal.
- To illustrate my point, let me tell you a little story.
- Examples include factory automation and large on-line financial networks.
- You could learn the basics in, let’s say, three months.
As an example
- As an example, take the consumption function model discussed in sections 3.2 and 3.3.
- The book was inspired by a real person, namely Tamara de Treaux.
- Pretend that the reader is standing by your desk.
Take for example
- Take for example the item right at the top of my list right now.
To be specific
- To be specific, the argument in your graduation thesis is logical.
- I like games in general, and especially football.
- You should eat more food that contains a lot of fiber, e.g. fruit and vegetables.
- We’re leaving on 2 March, that is, Friday.
One example is
- One example is the display and circuit in the Duracell battery tester.
As seen in
- The default editor interface will then appear, as seen in the first picture.
Case in point
- Williams’ career is a case in point.
Take one example
- Take one example, the role played by the monarch.
- He has admitted committing several crimes, including two murders.
- Several people, specifically Tom, Mike, and Joan have agreed.
That is to say
- That is to say, they are designed as tiers of managerial levels.
- Imagine that you have just won a million pounds.
If you look at
- If you look at the painting close up you can see that it’s fake.
- These include benefits and tax calculations and personal problems.
Another Word for “For Example” | Infographic
List of For Example Synonyms