Animal Sounds!!! This interesting lesson lists the animals with their sounds with the infographic. It will bring new excitement to the study of sound.
List of Animal Sounds
Animals – Names of Sounds – Sounds
- Cat – Meow – miau
- Goose – Honk
- Donkey – Hee-haw – iaah
- Bird – Tweet – tswit
- Duck – Quack – quack
- Horse – Neigh – hu-u-u-u
- Sheep – Baaah – bahh
- Cow – Moo – muuuh
- Dog – Woof – wau/ wuff
- Rabbit – Hrrr
- Pig – Oink – grunz
- Goat – Baah – maah
- Hen – Cluck – gak
- Frog – Ribbet – quaak
- Mouse – Squeak
- Bee – Buzz – summ
- Bear – Growl
- Lion – Roar
- Tiger – Growl – grrr
- Chick – Cheep – piep
- Elephant – Trumpet
- Snake – Hiss
- Turkey – Gobble
- Fish – Splosh
Animal Sounds Examples
- I heard meowing, opened the trunk of the car, and out jumped a thin black cat.
- He gave us a honk on his horn as he drove off.
- He heehawed and said everything had been arranged only by him.
- We could hear the baby birds tweeting.
- A duck’s quack doesn’t echo, and no oneknows why.
- I heard a horse stamp and neigh and I felt the tremor through the walls of my room.
- You’re a cow, moo, moo, moo.
- I could hear the warp and woof of his life.
- Pigs on the bus sing. Oink! Oink! Oink!
- We’re in a hurry so we can only have a quick cluck and grunt.
- I don’t want to hear another squeak out of you!
- There’s a buzz going round that the boss has resigned.
- He spoke with a deep soft growl in his throat.
- We heard the birds cheeping as their mother fed them.
- A trumpet fanfare sounded and the procession began.
- She heard a faint hiss as the metal struck the water.
- Jobs began to gobble like a turkey, and the trio broke up laughing.
Animal Sound in Words for Kids | Infographic