Adverbs of time in English. This lesson lists some common time adverbs for everyone who wants to study English.
Adverbs of Time
Adverbs of time answer the question “WHEN“? It tells us when an action happened besides how long, how often.
Here is a list of common single-word time adverbs. This list of adverbs will help you enhance and improve your English vocabulary.
Points of Time
Adverbs of Definite Frequency
Adverbs of Indefinite Frequency
Adverbs of frequency are adverbs of time that answer the question “How frequently” or “How often”.
Relationships in Time
Examples of Adverbs of Time
- Now they realized the full implications of the new system.
- The weather is a bit warmer today.
- It’s going to be fine tomorrow.
- Members of the council are elected annually.
- The customer has to deposit a minimum of ￡100 monthly.
- He commuted daily between London and Surrey.
- I don’t normally take my holiday in midsummer.
- I always lose at cards, with my bad luck.
- Karen had seldom seen him so angry.
- I had posted the card two months previously.
- Formerly he often lingered about a park doing nothing.
- They had been dueling for hours and finally called a draw.
Popular Time Adverbs | Infographic
Common Time Adverbs in English