Adverbs of place in English. Here is a useful list of adverbs of place ESL learners should study.
Adverbs of Place
List of Adverbs of Place
- Backwards/ Backward
Adverbs of Place Examples
- A miasma of pollution hung in the air above Mexico City.
- He went abroad to preach Christianity to the heathen.
- For my part, I travel not to go anywhere but to go.
- I must pay away from the bill tomorrow.
- The plane disappeared behind a cloud.
- He dived below the surface of the water.
- Denise went downstairs and made some tea.
- If the restaurant is full we can go elsewhere.
- Let’s go indoors and have something to eat.
- He turned on the light after he went inside.
- He was dead on arrival at the nearby hospital.
- It’s too flipping cold to go outside!
- Her boss recommended a permanent transfer overseas.
- She could hear music playing somewhere.
- He went upstairs and changed into fresh clothes.
Common Place Adverbs | Infographic
Common Place Adverbs in English