Adjectives that start with S!!! There are so many options for adjectives that start with S. It’s easy to brainstorm a list of adjectives starting with the letter S. Below are some adjectives that start with S, including example sentences.
Adjectives that Start with S
Adjectives are words that modify nouns or pronouns. Adjectives give the reader more specific information about an object’s color, size, shape, material, and more.
- The woman put forward a red silk as well as a blue one for our inspection.
- Don’t be silly, that insect can’t hurt you.
- My baby sister never cries unless she is hungry.
List of Adjectives Starting with S
This is the common list of adjectives that start with S to describe a person, thing, feeling, etc.
Examples of Adjectives that Start with S
- It was silly of Grace to take offense at our innocent remarks.
- Despite their silky passing, Forrester was able to score twice and kill them off.
- The place has rapidly developed from a small fishing community into a thriving tourist resort.
- He’s been criticized for his smarmy behavior when interviewing celebrities.
- The silent majority of supportive parents and teachers should make their views known.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
- Although he’s shy, it certainly hasn’t impeded his career in any way.
- The lift won’t move if the safety gate isn’t shut properly.
- Theirs was a correction of smug Victorian concepts, a crusade sprung from reactive energies.
- The magazine will be launched in September with a snappy new design.
- Shrill voices on both sides of the Atlantic are advocating protectionism.
- The bottom half is a counterpoint to the showy fecundity of the top.
- Short-term securities can also be held as part of an investment portfolio.
- Life is short. There is no time to leave important words unsaid.
- He called for checks to discover whether corrupt officials are being bribed to connive in shoddy construction.
- Photographer Weegee shot to fame with his shocking pics of New York crime in the 30s.
- He instructed his staff to refuse all interviews with the snoopy columnist and refer all questions to himself.
- His kid sister had always been fresh and snotty, tough as anybody in the family.
- Jack was so shocked that he had to be calmed down by his wife and son.
- I was already shivering with cold, but when I tried to walk faster my heart pounded unpleasantly.
- Magpies are attracted to small shiny objects which they carry away to their nests.
- The famous writer is still sharp in thought though he has attained the age of ninety-two.
- In such a soft and warm season, please accept my sincere blessing and deep concern for you.
- The oilskins grew clammy and soggy on the inside from our condensing sweat.
Adjectives that Start with S Infographic
Adjectives that Start with S List