Adjectives that start with P!!! Here are some common and uncommon adjectives that start with P in English, the definition of the adjective, and useful example sentences with ESL infographic.
Adjectives that Start with P
Most students learn that adjectives are words that modify nouns or pronouns. Adjectives do not modify verbs or adverbs or other adjectives. But adjectives can do more than just modify nouns. They can also act as a complement to linking verbs or the verb to be.
- I really envy you and Ian, you seem so happy together.
- It is difficult to choose between two such nice houses.
- He is not very hopeful about the outcome of the interview.
Adjectives Starting with P List
Here is a comprehensive list of English adjectives that start with P.
Adjectives that Start with P Examples
- This whole business is very puzzling. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye.
- Harry was puzzled that Nicholas didn’t seem to recognize him.
- When the wind was wrong, the putrid stench was wafted up across the fields.
- They are materialistic and pushy, motivated by acquisition, competition, and getting ahead.
- The plump ginger kitten had settled comfortably in her arms and was purring enthusiastically.
- She had a purple dress with a silver-white necklace.
- How can I believe that there is still pure love in this world?
- They laughed at my puny efforts at rock-climbing.
- I sat down to a cup of wonderfully pungent Turkish coffee.
- We can guarantee the punctual arrival of the armored cars in foggy weather.
- Air can be pumped into the diving suit to increase buoyancy.
- Many air travelers suffer puffy ankles and feet during long flights.
- Most children go to public elementary and secondary schools.
- Most of the psychotic episodes experienced by people using Halcion involved high doses for extended periods of time.
- Fashion designers look back to the 1960s with dazzling psychedelic prints.
It is always prudent to start any exercise program gradually at first.
- I am not proud, also not commit tomfoolery, is tired of all depend on.
- British industry was sheltered from foreign competition by protective tariffs.
- We need to carry out a proper evaluation of the new system.
- East Indian evergreen vine cultivated for its profuse fragrant white flowers.
- The company remains moderately profitable, but it is not making as much money as it should.
- We had a very productive meeting – I felt we sorted out a lot of problems.
- The probable cause of his death is traceable to an incident in 1724.
- It was a private conversation and I don’t want to go into details about what was said.
- He wore a charcoal-grey business suit, with a pristine white shirt and maroon silk tie.
- They were locked in a passionate embrace on the station platform.
- The general has ordered a partial withdrawal of troops from the area.
Adjectives that Start with P Infographic
Adjectives that Start with P in English
Last Updated on February 20, 2023