Adjectives that start with O!!! In this article, we provide a list of adjectives that start with O in English. Each adjective or adjective group has an example sentence to illustrate usage.
Adjectives that Start with O
Adjectives are words that describe the qualities or states of being of nouns: lovely, intelligent, pink, heavy, fun, slow. They can also describe the quantity of nouns: much, few, billions, twelve.
- She was an extremely intelligent child and soon pulled away from the rest of the class.
- The heavy rain might settle the changeable weather.
- After twelve years, he decided to separate from the firm.
Adjectives Starting with O in English
Here is the list of adjectives that start with O.
Adjectives that Start with O Examples
- Clara was tired and overwrought after all the problems of the last few days.
- They were not as obliging as she was about disappearing before the weekly workshop.
- We found few examples of overt harassment among our sample of professionals.
- The army is making a well-phrased withdrawal from the occupied country.
- A couple of bullets split the heavy oaken door before it shook under the onslaught of the enemy ram.
- The allegedly good baseball weather is overrated, especially at night.
- Maybe I’m being obtuse, but I don’t understand what you’re so upset about.
- Gloucester was offside at the ruck and Barnes kicked the goal.
- She was overjoyed when the doctor told her that her newborn baby is healthy and normal.
- Police culture is omnipotent is structuring such views of critical research.
- We welcome this announcement and think it’s long overdue.
- The potatoes were a little overcooked, but delicious all the same.
- A third group was obdurate and still wanted to wait and see.
- The story is convoluted and opaque, often to the point of total obscurity.
- He proved overconfident on the witness stand, misremembering a key piece of evidence.
- The plant has oval green leaves marbled with brownish-purple.
- Try to be objective if you want to spend your money wisely.
- This would seem to be an opportune moment for reviving our development plan.
- These are the prizes given for the most outstanding British theatrical performances of the year.
- Newspapers publish these outrageous stories because they know what their public wants.
- The earth is an oblate spheroid – a sphere with flattened poles and a slight bulge the equator.
- He was very respectful at home and obedient to his parents.
- The bodyguards, as usual, were brave but oafish.
- To investigate the liquid resuscitation in approach to the treatment of the obstetrical hemorrhagic shock.
- Herr Schmidt is certainly the most odious man I have ever met.
- An observant shop assistant had remembered exactly what the man was wearing.
- During both periods, occluded accesses were directed to surgical thrombectomy.
- She is almost embarrassingly obsequious to anyone in authority.
Adjectives that Start with O Infographic
Adjectives that Start with O in English
Last Updated on February 20, 2023