Adjectives that start with L!!! This page provides a useful list of adjectives that start with the letter L in English. You’ll also find example sentences to help show context for each word.
Adjectives that Start with L
Adjectives are simply words used to describe or modify nouns (people, places, things) and pronouns (I, she, he, it, they, etc.) by depicting, quantifying, or identifying them. What can make them confusing is that they don’t always immediately signal to readers that they are adjectives.
- She took a large gulp of wine from the bottle.
- She’s tall and thin with light brown hair.
- They went to a fishing village on a small inlet of the sea.
Common Adjectives that Start with L
Here are 100 adjectives that start with L to help you improve and expand your English vocabulary.
Adjectives that Start with L Examples
You can get really loopy here and sing to your heart’s content.
- She wrote an almost lyrical account of her childhood.
- The recycling program is laudable, but does it save a lot of money?
- His idea of paradise is to spend the day lying on the beach.
- There is a new emphasis on research and development of laborsaving machines.
- This is a luxurious car complete with air conditioning and telephone.
- This stretch of land was once covered with luxuriant forest but is now bare.
- Kennedy had become almost as loquacious as Joe.
- They are lustrous in color, supple, light, warm, and comfortable to wear.
- I became uncomfortably aware that no one else was laughing.
- His fingers were badly lacerated by the broken glass.
- They thinned out a stand to create a lush forest tomorrow.
- Sandra lay on the lumpy mattress, unable to sleep.
- You may not be the most luminous of people, but as a conductor of light, you are unbeatable.
- A large, lumbering man, who fumbled through the ankle-deep water without grace.
- He ran a lackluster campaign for president in the 1992 primaries.
- It was ludicrous to suggest that the visit could be kept secret.
- If you’re lucky enough to be different, don’t ever change.
- Bingle, the color of the skin is and clear, the eye, the labial line is very good – looking.
- She has set a shining example of loyal service over four decades.
- How should I know? I’m just a lowly employee.
- My current level of job satisfaction is pretty low.
- She was starred into nervousness and unease by his lascivious eyes.
- Warm thoughts of love and regard to our loving teachers.
- The police are sometimes more lenient with female offenders.
- The government should not waste money supporting lame ducks.
- She felt nervous, increasingly lacking in confidence about herself.
- He developed asthma in his sixties. His breathing became labored.
- Special safety concepts signalize a beginning failure of the leakproof operation.
Adjectives that Start with L Infographic
List of 100 Adjectives that Start with L