Adjectives that start with J!!! Here is a list of 100 adjectives that start with J. This list is an excellent starting point for building up vocabulary to converse fluently in English.
Adjectives that Start with J
- We are happy to announce the engagement of our daughter.
- Christmas is a joyful occasion for children.
- Her eyes were red and watery from crying.
- He’s only talking to her to make you jealous.
Common Adjectives Starting with J
Here is the list of adjectives that start with J in English.
Examples of Adjectives that Start with J
- Citizens and legal persons may perform civil juristic acts through agents.
- Behind that quietness his nerves are jangling, he’s in a terrible state.
- I felt terribly jaded after working all weekend.
- We were surprised by their jejune responses to our problems.
- Do you think war is justifiable in certain circumstances?
- It is one of a number of jihadi groups to have appeared.
- The considerations here are not so much juridical as ethical.
- The missile had torn a jagged hole in the side of the ship.
- A poet could not but be gay in such a jocund company.
- Hush! The boss is quite mad. He said he’s going to fire any juiceless player.
- Gloria’s closet is jam-packed with designer clothes.
- He walked past her, giving her a judgmental frown.
- Look, the old man’s limbs are jerking.
- His face was big and jowly and squared off.
- There was a jarring note of triumph in his voice.
- The Jordanian leader is caught between both sides in the dispute.
- He was a small man with a puffed chest and a jutting chin.
- She has been jilted and I am trying to console her.
- You have to be both a jaunty cheerleader and a lithe psychiatrist.
- Why does the person feel joyless sometimes?
- She employs a jobbing gardener to keep the garden tidy.
- A jet plane sheared the blue sky.
- The enemy’s radio was jammed during the war.
- Dave was a sweet man, very jokey about everything.
- They ripped open the jugular vein, releasing an appalling rush of blood.
- Our journey away was nasty, jolting, and at times even violent.
- The increase in juvenile crime is a blot on our time.
- She’s very keen to learn about Japanese culture.
- Her thoughts were all jumbled together.
- Dr. Daniel was a gleg man of a jocose nature.
- The jumbo jet is due to fly the hostages directly back to London.
- Do not mind, he is jesting.
- She described Mr. Hutchinson as nervous and jumpy after his wife’s disappearance.
- Liverpool was in a jubilant mood after their cup victory.
Adjectives that Start with J Infographic
List of 100 Adjectives that Start with J