Adjectives that start with I!!! Adjectives that start with I are listed here. Many English adjectives are included which can be useful for creating interesting sentences.
Adjectives that Start with I
Adjectives describe the aspects of nouns. When an adjective is describing a noun, we say it is “modifying” it. Adjectives can:
- Describe feelings or qualities
- Give nationality or origin
- Tell more about a thing’s characteristics
- Tell about age
- Tell about size and measurement
- Tell about the color
- Tell what something is made of
- Tell about the shape
- Express a judgment or a value
- He is not only arrogant but also selfish.
- The local people were very kind and hospitable.
- She’s studying modern Japanese language and culture.
- We’re not American, actually. We’re Canadian.
List of Adjectives Starting with I
Let’s take a look at the list of English adjectives that start with I.
Examples of Adjectives that Start with I
- My eyes sometimes get red and itchy in the summer.
- She can be really irritating but I try to ignore her.
- He gets irritable when he’s got a toothache.
- Many international conferences are held in Geneva.
- There was a rapid increase in internal trade.
- It’s an interesting job. The only snag is that it’s not very well paid.
- He realized that it was improper for a police officer to accept gifts.
- If their advertisements are shocking, this is entirely intentional.
- She was intent on pursuing a career in business.
- You’re an intelligent woman, surely you realize by now that I’m helping you.
- The pureblood prejudice towards Muggle-borns is also largely insubstantial.
- The inspection of the comparative figures is both instructive and startling.
- This can be instinctive and it can also be perfected and developed.
- I have an indelible memory of that meeting with Anastasia.
- The difference between the internet and reality is so incredible.
- A biopsy was inconclusive and further surgery was advised.
- She had given me an incomplete list. One name was missing from it.
- Three men had mounted an incompetent attack on Trent at Bacalar.
- She was insistent that they should all meet for dinner.
- The levels of chemicals in the river are not insignificant.
- Organized crime has an insidious influence on all who come into contact with it.
- The Roman past lay more heavily over the Iberian peninsula.
- He felt a bit insecure about being left alone.
- Don’t be so inquisitive; I’m not telling you what I’ve promised not to say.
- The director of the charity made an impassioned plea for help.
- He was not an impartial witness because of his affinity with the accused.
- On the other hand, at greater distances, only those most easily ignitable will catch fire.
- It complicates 5 to 8 percent of pregnancies and is associated with iatrogenic prematurity.
- The ancient abbey was in imminent danger of collapse.
Adjectives that Start with I Infographic
List of Common Adjectives that Start with I