Adjectives that start with H!!! In grammar class, students are taught that adjectives are words that modify nouns or a pronoun. Here we have collected a list of 100 adjectives that start with H.
Adjectives that Start with H
An adjective is a word that modifies a noun or a pronoun. Adjectives modify the nouns by telling more about various aspects of nouns such as quantity, quality, size, color, and personal characteristics about the noun. A sentence can have one adjective as well as more than one adjective.
- She could hardly spit out the hateful words.
- You should read this book – It’s hilarious.
Popular Adjectives that Start with H
Below is a list of adjectives that start with H in English.
Examples of Adjectives that Start with H
- He became almost hysterical when I told him.
- The beat of the music was strangely hypnotic.
- Parsley is hardy and can be grown outdoors from the spring.
- He is a tall, stocky chap with a husky voice.
- Many people felt he would be hostile to the idea of foreign intervention.
- In hushed silence I stopped and listened.
- The local people are very hospitable to strangers.
- He takes a ghoulish delight in reading about horrific murders.
- The weather has been really horrible all week.
- He is not very hopeful about the outcome of the interview.
- He was honored with an award for excellence in teaching.
- Her comments can only be hurtful to Mrs. Green’s family.
- Movement can be painful when you’ve hurt your back.
- The computers were humming in the background.
- The restaurant has a relaxed, homey atmosphere.
- The party suffered a humiliating defeat in the general election.
- Zeinab, whatever else she might be, was definitely not humdrum.
- There was a shift towards a more casual, private, and hedonistic style of life.
- He was looked down on because of his humble background.
- We can’t move that hulking desk on our own.
- Likewise for nearly three years, the nation has been hypnotized by his saga.
- The huge machine was moved to its new position on rollers.
- The Hungarian people are warm and friendly.
- This coffee is not hot enough.
- My father didn’t think the acting was an honorable profession.
- She has a rather histrionic outlook on life sometimes.
- That man was not a downright, hardhearted criminal by any means.
- He was regarded as a righteous and holy man.
- The plumbline is always perpendicular to the horizontal plane.
- I think the historical factor is overplayed, that it really doesn’t mean much.
- Searching the text-searchable parts you are interested in does not require a heuristic approach.
- There was a hissing sound, and clouds of vapor were emitted.
- We carried on a rather halting conversation.
- We should stop factories from producing harmful gases.
- The weather grew harsh, chilly, and unpredictable.
Adjectives that Start with H Infographic
List of Adjectives that start with H