Adjectives that start with G!!! What are adjectives starting with G? The English language contains thousands of adjectives that start with G. We’ve put together this common list of adjectives that start with G with example sentences.
Adjectives that Start with G
An adjective is a word or set of words that modifies a noun or pronoun. Adjectives may come before the word they modify. For example:
- He’s got a really cute baby brother.
- Chris sent me a lovely bouquet when I was ill.
Adjectives may also follow the word they modify:
- I think she has many good qualities besides being very beautiful.
- I think I’ve been selfish. I’ve been mainly concerned with myself.
Adjectives Starting with G List
Below is the useful list of descriptive words that start with the letter A in English.
Adjectives that Start with G Examples
- I felt a gloomy foreboding that something was going to go wrong.
- His guttural utterances are accompanied by erudite subtitles.
- If I catch you smoking again, you’re grounded. Do I make myself clear?
- A sailing ship was passing, its mylar sails flapping in the gusty wind.
- The golden rule when creating your design is: keep it simple.
- The general secretary opened the congress on global warming.
- Plastic replicas of the Greek pottery are sold to gullible tourists.
- It’s gratis. That’s free, for those unversed in Latin.
- There is growing opposition to the latest proposals.
- Yet he felt guiltless, breaking the promises he had made himself.
- There’s too much crime and gratuitous violence on TV.
- The village was guarded by a ragtag group of soldiers.
- She let out a grumpy sigh and turned herself over to face the wall.
- The newspaper article included a gruesome description of the murder.
- Traveling always made her feel grubby, no matter how luxurious it was.
- The walls of these are thick with blood vessels which absorb gaseous oxygen.
- Sometimes she is grouchy, but all in all, she is an excellent teacher.
- She has become a grotesque parody of her former elegant self.
- It occurred to him that it might be easier to find gainful employment in Cornwall.
- It was a groovy time across board-in art, literature, and music.
- Her laugh was a gleeful, exuberant shout, her deep voice making it almost masculine.
- Their daughter died over a year ago, but they are still grieving.
- The sky looks very grey. I think it’s going to rain.
- The exhibition traces the history of graphic design in America from the 19th century to the present.
- Pike was a grizzled combat veteran in charge of fifteen green recruits.
- With her arm around Lily’s waist and their hands clasped, she felt gallant.
- Scientists have found a genetic mutation that appears to be the cause of Huntington’s disease.
- As the strike went on, there was a gradual drift back to work.
Adjectives that Start with G Infographic
English Adjectives that Start with G