Adjectives that start with F!!! Today we get to explore the list of adjectives that start with F in English. We’ll look at 100 common adjectives with example sentences. These adjectives are commonly used, and would not be unusual to hear in everyday conversations.
Adjectives that Start with F
An adjective is a word that modifies a noun. Another way to put it is that an adjective is a word that describes a noun. It tells us more about the subject of the sentence.
Common Adjectives that Start with F
Here is a comprehensive list of English adjectives that start with F.
Examples of Adjectives Starting F
- Some of the photos were so fuzzy it was hard to tell who was who.
- Diamonds are still valuable, even when they are flawed.
- We pretended to fly to distant planets in futuristic spaceships.
- They were very foolhardy to jump off the bus while it was still moving.
- Lastly, I would like to ask about your future plans.
- Suddenly Jack smiled and slipped back into his fatherly role.
- I saw him cast a furtive glance at the woman at the table to his right.
- You might see a group of these furry creatures in fields beside railway tracks.
- I overheard a very funny conversation on the bus this morning.
- She has a very forceful personality which will serve her well in politics.
- Kitchen utensils should be attractive as well as functional.
- My favorite place in the entire world is right next to you.
- I was fumbling with the key as I couldn’t see where the lock was in the dark.
- The classroom was full of activity; every child was busy.
- It was a very unpleasant and frightening attack.
- He’s a showboat outfielder who’s famous for his flamboyant catches.
- Don’t be frightened. We’re not going to hurt you.
- They were very friendly, but I quickly saw through them.
- My baby brother is fretful because he is cutting his teeth.
- Fresh orange juice should be refrigerated after opening and drunk within three days.
- The bridge provided a firm platform for the bungee jumpers.
- It finds her in a maximum-security prison on a far-off planet.
- His frequent depressions were the prelude to a complete mental breakdown.
- They survived for four hours in the freezing water before they were finally rescued.
- The award was a fitting tribute to her years of devoted work.
- It seemed fantastic that they still remembered her 50 years later.
- It was packaged in a fancy plastic case with attractive graphics.
- She heard the prebendary’s cat from next door weeping in feline fright.
- He was a fanatical and not a very competent golfer and a member of the Royal Bucks Club.
- Madame Curie was the only famous woman scientist in the world.
- Complaints about school food have become a familiar refrain.
Adjectives that Start with F Infographic
Common Adjectives that Start with F in English