Adjectives that start with D!!! Are you looking for a list of adjectives that start with D? You are in the right place
Adjectives that Start with D
Adjectives are describing words. Any word that describes a noun, that may be a person, an animal, thing, or place is called an adjective.
List of Adjectives Starting with D
Here is a list of English adjectives starting with the letter D.
Examples of Adjectives that Start with D
- A deceitful peace is more hurtful than an open war.
- He seemed like a decent sort of fellow.
- She’s young and dynamic and will be a great addition to the team.
- It was high summer. The trees were dusty and the rivers were dry.
- The plane is overdue and has been delayed by the bad weather.
- The house was dull, old-fashioned, and in bad condition.
- I need to change into some dry clothes.
- The answer should be rounded off to three decimal places.
- We found her lying on the floor, drunk and insensible.
- She had spent another dreary day in the office.
- The announcement had a dramatic effect on house prices.
- The legal limits on personal expression are draconian, but not very often invoked.
- Her personality was drab, earnest, and humorless and her appearance calculatedly unattractive.
- It is doubtful whether the patient will last out this month.
- He’s arrogant and domineering and never listens to anyone.
- I felt dizzy when I looked down from the top of the television tower.
- Pollution has decayed the surface of the stonework on the front of the cathedral.
- An extensive area grew up in which widely divergent dialects were spoken.
- I was disturbed by all the people walking to and fro outside the office.
- She showed a distinct lack of enthusiasm for the idea of becoming a mother.
- They bought a dilapidated house when they got married, and are gradually doing it up.
- Since none of the four is dispensable, they are equally important.
- As she grew older, Laura became increasingly disillusioned with politics.
- It’s disgusting that there are no schools or hospitals for these people.
- I don’t like him, and it would be dishonest of me to pretend otherwise.
- I tried the next time with a very dapper man, all pinstripes and umbrella.
- She walked home by herself, although she knew that it was dangerous.
- The corner of the classroom was damp where the roof had leaked.
- Stress can be extremely damaging to your health. Exercise, meanwhile, can reduce its effects.
- She’s still too distraught to speak about the tragedy.
- He was a handsome, debonair, death-defying racing-driver.
- I know exactly what the poor little darling is suffering.
- My dear roommate, thank you for sparing my life.
Adjectives that Start with D Infographic
Adjectives that Start with D in English