Adjectives of Quantity!!! In this lesson, we learn quantity adjective definition, list, and some quantity adjectives examples.
Adjective of Quantity
Quantity adjective definition: Adjectives of quantity as the very name suggests describes the quantity, these adjectives help to show the amount or the predicted amount of the noun or pronoun. In short, the adjective showing the number of nouns or pronouns is called Adjective of Quantity.
Quantity adjectives examples:
- There was food enough for all.
- They shook hands and went their several ways
- Workers have completed most of their work.
- I have bought some pencils
- All cats love fish but fear to wet their paws.
- Be quiet or you’ll wake the whole house!
- They received hundreds of requests for more information.
- Don’t eat too many nuts – you’ll spoil your appetite.
- He has had many sorrows in his life.
List of Adjectives of Quantity
Here is a list of adjectives of quantity in English.
- Huge (Big Synonym)
- A couple of days
- A lot
- Lots of
- A little bit
- Plenty of
- Enough of
Quantity Adjectives in English | Infographic
Useful Adjectives of Quantity